If you have a new version of Internet Explorer for example IE7, then you may receive a Certificate Error when you enter Homekit.
The error will give you three choices:
- Click here to close this webpage
- Continue to this website (not recommended)
- More Information
The error is generated because Microsoft only recognises Certificate providers who have paid Microsoft a fee to be on their Internet Explorer. Any other Certificate Provider is treated with suspicion.
Certificates are used to encrypt data travelling between your PC/Laptop and our server. This prevents anyone from intercepting your passwords.
To stop receiving this certificate error you need to take the following steps:
The certificate is now installed and future visits to Homekit will not raise any issues with the Certificate.
- Click on option 2 above - 'Continue to this website (not recommended)'
- Once the Homekit post-login page is displayed you will notice at the top of the page a 'Certificate Error' link (see image below):
Click on this 'Certificate Error' link.
- You will now be presented with the following box:
Here you will need to click on the 'View certificates' link at the bottom of the box.
- Please click on the Install Certificate button on the ensuing screen, as below:
- On the subsequent 2 or 3 screens please continue to click next finishing off finally with a click on the Finish button.
- You will now be presented with a 'Do you want to install certificate' question as below:
Please click on the 'Yes' button.
- The import has now been completed:
Please click on the 'OK' button.
- Lastly on screen 4 above click the OK button.